Subtitle: We Need You to Lead Us
By: Seth Godin
- Takes only two things to turn a group into a tribe: Share interest and way to communicate.
- A crowd is a tribe without a leader.
- What’s the worst that could happen if you do something adventurous?
- Aim to create something that critics will criticize. That way you know you are doing something right.
- Keep your tribe tight as possible:
- Meetup and craigslist.
- Blog is nearly effortless tool to create your tribe.
- If you aren’t uncomfortable as a leader, then you aren’t doing your job.
- People follow a leader when lead where they already want to be led.
- People don’t like to switch. To switch sides is to admit that we made a mistake.
- Small price for being too early, but a huge penalty for being too late.
- Really listening, then deciding and moving on is a great way to get people to support you.
- Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge.