Subtitle: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business
By: Clayton M. Christensen
Good Managment was the sole reason that good companies lost their innovative edge.
- Every situation is different, so you need to apply them differently.
Markets that don’t exist, can’t be analyzed.
Things that help disrupt industries:
- Good mgmt planned to fail early.
- They utilized some resources of the main organization to develop their own.
The best way to go after new markets is to launch a new brand in an emerging product.
- This helps not to pick a fight with current org structure that services a different market.
- A good idea is to geographically relocate the firm and allow them to do whatever they need to do to win.
- Don’t use the old cost structure and model in new industry.
- The people who build one type of product have much harder time converting to new markets by using the same old culture and people.
- Let the old and new businesses compete against each other in order to drive innovation.
It’s important to seed disruptive ideas in small companies.
- They will have more incentive to developer company.
- Must be profitable on a small scale.
Can create distrust ice technologies if listen to customers, because there is no evidence to support the idea.
- Must make a guess I order to succeed
To create innovation, a company is best to acquire another company and plant the seed there.
- The culture will embrace it better.
Second movers are far more successful.
Successful companies change direction often.