By: Peter Sims
- Praise a child for their effort, they will succeed better and take on more challenges
- Praise a child for their intelligence and they will use it as a crutch and only take on roles they are good at doing
- When much is unknown, a structured approach does not work
- Therefore use an agile approach versus the waterfall approach
- Best way to predict the future is to invent it.
- Better to follow when something is working versus change direction when something is not working.
- Therefore, make little bets early and see what’s working
- Go after small wins everywhere
- People don’t want to give feedback when an idea is completely done.
- Give them something that’s rough so they can help improve it and feel comfortable talking to you.
- Thomas Edison said every failed experiment is a step forward to success