Subtitle: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Other’s Don’t
By: Jim Collins
- Good things stop great things from developing
- Charismatic personality sometimes hurt the ability to get bad news
- It’s better to get the right people versus paying them more.
- Self motivation is more important creating motivation.
- Demotivating people is the mistake and should be monitored most.
- Versus trying to motivate people.
- Try to hear people.
- Socratic style is important to engaging
- Lead with questions, not answers
- Don’t place blame in an autopsy of past mistakes
- Hire the right people / team first.
- The moment you need to manage someone, they are not the right person.
- Would you hire that person again? Would you be happy if they decided to leave.
- Put the best people on the best opportunities.
- Only spend time with people you love and respect, otherwise, your life will be terrible.
- Create a do not do list to eliminate things I can’t accomplish.
- Must have a clear (hedge hog defensive) purpose.
- We do collaborative investment research and analysis.
- Email Jim Collins
- Tell him I’m trying to implement his research on a link to my page.
- Three steps to be great:
- Passionate about
- Can be the best in the world at
- Underlying economic profit-per-x ratio (revenue per customers… Etc.)