By: Amy Chua
- No play dates and no plays.
- Hired a Chinese nanny to speak mandarin to her daughter.
- Prosperity does not last for three generations.
- Look up every word you don’t know and memorize it.
- If something seems unfair at school. Work twice as hard to overcome it.
- Try the Suzuki books to learn piano lessons. Known for producing child prodigies.
- Stay next to her during all practice and lessons.
- Practice one min per day for every year in their age.
- Nothing is fun until you are good at it. That’s why it takes practice.
- Route repetition is under appreciated in America.
- Practice makes things fun and that increases momentum.
- Never let your kids give up on anything.
- More practice will lead to more fun.
- Always go extra credit all the time.
- Practice more than anyone else, always.
- Every stubborn kids can be gifted.
- Practiced up to the last minute. Have to know that you did everything possible.
- Get izzy to make clothing for ebay.
- Chinese virtuous circle: Hard work leads to success and more confidence and repeat.
- Every child is different, so you have to adjust.
- Can only be really great at something is if you love it.
- Have Izzy stay with soccer so we have a family activity.
- Drilling a work effort into a young kid gives them the insight to master anything they like.
- Western parents idea is to let them pursue their passion, but that passion is facebook for ten hours and junk food.
- If thou love’its life, then never waste it.
- Thomas Jefferson: I’m a huge believer in luck. The harder I work, the more I have of it.”
- Always expect the best from each kid.